Tuesday, April 20, 2010

WP 3: Statement of Purpose

The purpose of Writing Project 3 is to write a letter to my sculpture, Bather, describing its physical attributes and then analyzing those characteristics and attributes.  This will also require setting up some sort of context with background information and some history.  I will also have to read aloud the letter I have written to the sculpture. The final step for completion in Writing Project 3 is to imitate Bather for 5 minutes as best and motionless I can.

The audience for Writing Project 3 is very unique.  It is as aforementioned, my sculpture, Bather.  That will in fact be my primary audience.  The secondary audience is in turn much different as well.  This sub group now includes my professor and classmates.  As is the norm for this English class, a version of the letter will be posted on my blog.  This, again, broadens the secondary audience exponentially.  Any number of students and others looking for analysis or letters to statues could find themselves reading my letter to Bather.  In order to be successful, I must accurately describe and reflect upon the statue.  I have to incorporate the language given to us in Compose, Design, Advocate to ensure that there is a universality to what I am discussing in the letter.

The best possible outcome for Writing Project 3 would be to successfully address my statue and not fall on my face in imitating it for 5 minutes.  I must filter all of the description and observations through a rhetorical analysis in order to do this.  One main concern I have is just that.  I have to balance all of these things out and keep in mind just who my primary audience is.

As I move on with Writing Project 3, I will continue to develop that lens that I must carefully look at the description and reflections through.  This will be the toughest aspect of the project.  I must also provide especially thorough and detailed feedback to my classmates in the peer review session as there will only be one for time's sake in this final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment